- Unlock the Story in Your Science. POSTDOCket. 2017 September issue.
- Unwrap the Gift from the Deadliest Toxin. Knowing Neurons. 2017. July 5th.
- Knocking on Doors to Opportunities: Profile of Administrative Postdoc Natalie Chernets. POSTDOCket. 2017 August issue.
- Startup Life: An Extraordinary Path for the Brave at Heart. POSTDOCket. 2017 June issue.
- Pioneering Postdoc Support: The Icahn Postdoc Executive Committee. POSTDOCket. 2017 May issue.
AWIS LA/VC Newsletter:
Editor-in-chief of the chapter newsletter since 2017 January. Our chapter is the winner of the 2017 Association for Women in Science Star Award.
Scientific Journal Publications:
- Recombinant Murine Gamma Herpesvirus 68 Carrying KSHV G Protein-Coupled Receptor Induces Angiogenic Lesions in Mice. Junjie Zhang*, Lining Zhu*, Xiaolu Lu, Emily R. Feldman, Lisa R. Keyes, Yi Wang, Hui Fan, Hao Feng, Zanxian Xia, Jiya Sun, Taijiao Jiang, Shou-jiang Gao, Scott A. Tibbetts, Pinghui Feng. Plos Pathogen. 2015. 11(6): e1005001. *Equal Contribution.
We provided a first-in-kind mouse model to investigate viral oncogenesis induced by human gammaherpesvirus in the context of viral infection. We developed a recombinant herpesvirus that carries the Kaposi’s sarcoma herpesvirus (KSHV) G protein-coupled receptor. Within 6 months, mice infected with this recombinant herpesvirus developed angiogenic lesions that recapitulated human Kaposi’s sarcoma.
- Dissecting Innate Immune Signaling in Viral Evasion of Cytokine Production. Junjie Zhang, Lining Zhu, Pinghui Feng. J. Vis. Exp. (85), e51078, doi:10.3791/51078 (2014).
This is a video journal publication illustrating how we assessed the antiviral cytokine production both in vivo and ex vivo, using herpesvirus infection mouse model. Step-by-step experimental procedures are shown in the video.
- IKK epsilon kinase is crucial for viral G protein-coupled receptor tumorigenesis. Yi Wang*, Xiaolu Lu*, Lining Zhu*, Yan Shen, Shylet Chengedza, Hao Feng, Laiyee Wang, Jae U. Jung, J. Silvio Gutkind, Pinghui Feng. PNAS. 2013. 110(27): 11139–11144. *Equal Contribution.
Using KSHV GPCR-induced tumor models, we identified IKKε as a key molecule linking kGPCR to NF-κB activation. These observations support the notion that kGPCR nourishes chronic NF-κB activation. Thus, the kGPCR-induced tumorigenesis pathway was made clear.
- An IL-12/Shh-C domain fusion protein-based IL-12 autocrine loop for sustained natural killer cell activation. Lining Zhu, Zhihui Zhao, Yanzhang Wei, William Marcotte, Thomas E. Wagner, Xianzhong Yu. Int J Oncol. 2012.41(2):661-9.
The dependency of activated natural killer (NK) cells on the continuous support of exogenous interleukin (IL)-2 is a major obstacle for NK cell-mediated tumor therapy. We established an NK cell self-supporting autocrine system by anchoring IL-12 onto the primary NK cell membrane. This strategy prolonged the survival time of mice bearing melanoma metastases.
Conference Talks and Posters:
Bioluminescent Biosensors for Detecting Botulinum Neurotoxins. 54th Interagency Botulism Research Coordinating Committee (IBRCC) Meeting, Oct 2017 (Talk)
Bioluminescent Substrates for Detection of Botulinum Neurotoxins using Luciferase-specific Antibody Variable Domain Fusion Proteins. 53rd Interagency Botulism Research Coordinating Committee Conference, October 2016
Antibody Variable Domains as Intramolecular Luciferase Inhibitors for the Generation of Proteolysis-Activated Biosensors. 64th American Society for Mass Spectrometry Conference on Mass Spectrometry and Allied Topics, June 2016.
The IKKepsilon Kinase Relays Signal Transduction from Viral G Protein-coupled Receptor to NF-kappaB Activation and Tumorigenesis. 16th International Workshop on Kaposi’s Sarcoma Herpesvirus (KSHV) and Related Agents, July 2013 (Invited talk)
An IL-12/Shh-C Domain Fusion Protein-Based IL-12 Autocrine Loop for Sustained NK Cell Activation. 2nd American Association for Cancer Research International Conference on Frontiers in Basic Cancer Research, September 2011
Sustained Self-activation of NK Cells in vitro and in vivo by Expression of IL-12/Shh-C Fusion Proteins. 44th Annual Meeting of the Society for Leukocyte Biology, September 2011.